Why Don't I Know What My Book's About??!?


Truly the strangest thing – I can’t explain what The Fine Line is about!  I really can’t! It’s the first question people ask and the only question I can’t answer!!  So, it shouldn’t surprise you that I struggled and struggled to get a synopsis to the publisher for the front flap of the hardcover. 
 
I truly think it’s because I’m so engulfed in the novel itself that I can’t pick out one main theme, one exact “pursuit”. The byline “One Passion. One Prison. One Pursuit” isn’t exactly a window into the storyline, maybe a peephole at best. So many areas of life come and go throughout the novel. It was hard to narrow it down and identify the big picture. Several sheets of paper with words and phrases jotted in every direction resulted in this:
 

Maggie expected what anyone would expect the moment she stepped into an all-male Mexican prison: filth, crude stares, unmentionable hollers, evil of every kind . . . Instead, she finds her heart captured by a world where time expands moments into hours, where hope somehow lives among the hopeless . . . in a world where she can’t help but see through harsh exteriors and into souls.

Compelled by her faith, Maggie crosses the fine line and enters the desolate prison yards where men roam freely, guards stand casually, and the lives of the unworthy are lived. Free of fear, Maggie embraces the unembraced, loves the unloved, and relies on God.

But what happens when faith doesn’t overcome evil? What happens when you throw yourself into a prison? What happens when the fine line begins to emerge?

Pursued & Done! Emily

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible