News, News, News! I'm in the newspaper!

March 17, 2013


A quick phone call to tell my dad that we would be in Iowa the week of March 10th took a quick turn when I asked him a simple question, “What are you doing?”  Totally catching me off-guard, he said, “Well, I just got done reading an article about you.”  What?!?

I knew my article would be featured in my hometown newspaper, The Newton Daily News, but I had no idea when.  I was so excited to read my very first newspaper plug on The Fine Line.  I loved it.  I overlooked the grammatical errors, (hey, there are a few in The Fine Line itself -even after months of eyes combing the pages) and enjoyed Ty Rushing’s angle. His opening lines cracked me up and made me feel like I was a part of something bigger, something huge, something  . . .  magnificent, the world of published authors.

A few weeks ago, my first tears emerged when my name become searchable on Barnes and Noble. The realization that I am an author; I do have a book. It happened. It’s happening.  And it’s not the accomplishment or the coolness, although it is both an accomplishment and cool compared to my daily routines, but it is, rather, the complete surrender to God’s plan for my life.
I’ve been holding on to this calling for so long, keeping it to myself, hiding it at times, even refusing to let it emerge. So, for me, seeing it all unfold before me is evidence that when I surrendered and gave it to God, He took over, He is taking over, and He will take it wherever He wants.
So, here’s a link to article #1.  https://www.newtondailynews.com/2013/03/06/the-fine-line-author-credits-newton-schools-for-success/awz6me2/

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible