Fell in love? Don't we all? There are so many things I thought I loved: the rain, the snow, the smell of my mom's lilacs each spring, the sound of rain meeting the tin of our back porch roof . . . Should I even name half of the guys who caught my eye and a grabbed a hold of my heart? I'll spare us all. But I will take you to the deepest and dearest love of my life, my Jesus. (And no, for those of you who know I frequent Mexico and teach a bunch of Hispanic students, I didn't go off the deep end and meet a guy we would all call "hey zeus").
Just not me.
But one night, I sat on a folding chair, and he told me that he knew the masks I had to wear, and he loved me with or without them. I screamed at him, (Yes, I basically yelled the first time I met him, threatened him, really.) told him I didn't need anyone else promising me things that they couldn't follow through on, and then I felt his realness.
Right there. On a metal folding chair. Everyone else outside of the room, oblivious. Just me...my tears...and my new love, Jesus. I needed real. He knew that, and he showed himself to me in such a way that I have never doubted his existence.
Then one November my sophomore year in college, we were in our hometown at the same time visiting family. And wouldn't you know, little Rickie Thompson wanted to know where Emily Chesshire was. (Thank goodness!) Well, I was there. We got married just nine lonnnng months later (no babies on board, naughty you!) We are now fifteen years down the road, and he is beyond the man that I ever knew he would become (but that's a later post).
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible
.jpg)